DEPARTMENT OF NURSING
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
INTO THE RN TO BS IN NURSING PROGRAM
Criteria for Admission
- Applicants to the RN to BS completion program in Nursing must be graduates of a nursing program from a degree-granting associate degree program, or an accredited diploma-granting nursing school, or an associate degree program affiliated with an accredited diploma-granting nursing school that prepares students for licensure as registered nurses.
- Students enrolled in the last semester of an accredited associate degree nursing program, diploma-granting nursing school, or an associate degree program affiliated with an accredited diploma-granting nursing school that prepares students for licensure as registered nurses may apply; however, acceptance into the RN to BS program is contingent upon successful program completion and graduation.
- Applicants should have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average and at least a 2.5 grade point average in all prelicensure nursing courses taken prior to application.
- Submit a completed application for Admission into the RN to BS in Nursing program.
- Deadlines for applications to CSI and the Department of Nursing, including supporting documentation (transcripts), are as follows:
Early admission: March 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester.
Regular admission: April 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester.
- All transcripts for courses taken outside CUNY must be submitted to the registrar.
- For students who are currently completing or have completed their nursing program at a school other than CSI, the transcript from the degree or diploma granting institution must be submitted to the nursing department office, building 5S, room 213.
(If you took college courses within CUNY and/or you completed your nursing program within CUNY, you may submit a student copy of your CUNY transcript to the nursing department).